BLACKMORES Colon Care 90g
Availability: Out of stock
BLACKMORES Colon Care 90g promotes elimination and rids the body of waste. It contains herbs traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve constipation
The herbs used in this formula have a laxative effect. The herbs senna and buckthorn both contain compounds called anthraquinone glycosides which work by stimulating peristalsis. Other laxative herbs have high mucilage content, such as the herbs psyllium and agar. These herbs increase the bulk of the stool, which stimulates evacuation.
- Place 1 – 3 g (½ - 1 level metric teaspoon) on the tongue followed by a full glass of water. Add to fresh or stewed fruit, cereals, soups or vegetables.
- As a tea, add 3 g (1 level metric teaspoon) to 1 cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, strain and drink.
- Best taken last thing at night, before retiring.
Children: Not recommended for children under 12 years.
Contraindications and cautions
- Prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems. Colon Care should only be used for a few days, and it is important to ensure plenty of dietary fibre, adequate fluid intake and regular exercise
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
|Aust Reg Therapeutic Goods||AUST L 127806|